The Connect HP OfficeJet 5255 Wi-Fi All-in-One Printer earns widespread acclaim for its precise construction and superior printing quality. The Officejet 5255 produces clear, sharp text and borderless photographs anytime you print.
Whether you’re printing for home or business usage, this printer is up to the task. However, to guarantee the printer’s seamless operation, you must do a proper HP Officejet 5255 setup.
Following setup, you may print all your documents and images using devices such as desktop PCs, laptops, Macs, tablets, iOS, and Android smartphones.
Continue reading to learn how to wirelessly set up the HP Officejet 5255 and get critical insight into printing with the Officejet 5255.
Connect HP OfficeJet 5255 All-in-One Printer Setup
To install the HP Officejet 5255 Printer, you must first get the printer driver. Typically, a printer driver CD is included with the printer packaging. If, however, you did not get the CD, you must download the driver from HP’s official website. How to do it:
- To begin the HP Officejet 5255 setup, open a web browser on your computer and go to the HP official website.
- Navigate to the software and download areas, and put your printer’s model number into the search box.
- Once you’ve located the link to the printer software download, click it and wait for the download to finish.
After downloading the printer driver, you can begin configuring the HP Officejet 5255 Wireless All-in-One Printer.
The following is the sequence of steps involved:
- Remove the packing from the HP Officejet 5255 All-in-One Printer.
- Place the printer on a level surface and connect the printer’s power adapter to an electrical outlet.
- Switch on the printer and check that the power LED is on.
- Install the printer driver CD by inserting it into your computer’s optical drive and following the on-screen directions.
- Connect one end of the USB cable to the printer and the other to the USB port on your computer if you prefer a wired arrangement.
- To finish the wired HP Officejet 5255 setup, choose the wired connection setup step.
Connect HP OfficeJet 5255 Wireless Setup
A working internet connection is required to complete the wireless HP Officejet 5255 setup. Once the printer’s wireless design is complete, you may print wirelessly from compatible Wi-Fi-enabled devices such as laptops, smartphones, or tablets. While remotely configuring the HP Officejet 5255 Wireless All-in-One Printer does not need any technical skill; you should carefully follow the suggested directions to prevent making a mistake, mainly if you are unfamiliar with printers.
Before configuring the wireless network on the HP Officejet 5255 Printer, verify that you have the wireless network name and Wi-Fi key on hand.
This information will be required later. After ensuring this, proceed with the steps below to complete the wireless setup of the HP Officejet 5255 Printer:
- Connect the printer’s power adapter to an electrical outlet and power on the printer.
- Ascertain that the printer’s power LED is illuminated and that your router is getting a good internet connection.
- To activate the printer’s Wi-Fi capability, use the Up or Down arrow keys on the printer.
- Within two minutes of activating the wireless capability on the printer, press the router’s WPS key.
- Locate your wireless network name (SSID) from the list of accessible wireless networks using the printer’s control panel.
- Tap on your SSID and then input your wireless network’s Wi-Fi password in the blank space. Select “Connect”.
- After connecting the printer to the wireless network, you may print wirelessly using any compatible wireless-enabled device.
How to Replace the Ink Cartridge in the HP Officejet 5255
Occasionally, your HP Officejet 5255 may not provide the desired results or prints with poor quality. In such instances, you should first verify that the HP Officejet 5255 ink cartridges have the needed amount of ink. To do this, open the printer’s access door and wait for the cartridge to reposition itself in the middle. Once the cartridge has reached the centre, it may be removed from the slot by squeezing the two clips on each side. Once the ink cartridge is terminated, you may check the ink level. If this is insufficient, immediately replace the ink cartridge.
How can I load paper into my HP Officejet 5255 printer?
Loading paper into the HP Officejet 5255 Printer may be difficult, much more so if you are unfamiliar with printers. While the procedure is uncomplicated, you should carefully follow the directions below to prevent any complications:
- Open the input tray door on the printer and pull it toward you. This will increase the size of the input tray.
- Extend the paper width guidelines to their maximum length.
- Load a stack of paper in portrait orientation, with the print side facing down.
- Continue pushing the paper stack into the attempt until it comes to a halt.
Setup HP Officejet 5255 Wireless on a Mac
Even if you own a Mac, you may still configure the HP Officejet 5255 Printer to meet your printing needs. To begin, place the printer on a level surface and plug the power adapter into an electrical outlet.
If the printer’s Wi-Fi light is blinking, you must first install the printer driver on your Mac. To install the HP Officejet, 5255 Printer driver, follow the on-screen directions. Once the printer driver has been installed successfully,
follow the steps below to finish the wireless setup of the HP Officejet 5255 Printer for Mac:
- Enable the wireless capability of the printer by pressing the Up or Down arrow key.
- Within two minutes of activating the wireless capability on the printer, press the WPS button on your router.
- Locate and touch on your wireless network’s name (SSID) in the list of accessible wireless networks.
- Now, in the blank field, enter the Wi-Fi password and hit “Connect.”
Troubleshooting HP Officejet 5255
HP Officejet 5255 cartridge problems, HP Officejet 5255 scanner issues, paper jamming in HP Printer, and other issues often impede productivity at work. While various variables might contribute to such occurrences, you can use easy troubleshooting techniques to eliminate them and guarantee that the printer continues to function correctly. The following are some simple, quick fixes that work for the majority of printer-related difficulties. You may follow them and save time that you would otherwise spend looking for a professional.
- If your printer becomes unresponsive, hit the power button to turn it off.
- Reconnect the power adapter to the electrical socket to see whether the problem has been fixed.
- To resolve paper jamming difficulties, remove the printer access door first.
- Following that, find and carefully grasp the trapped paper.
- Using both hands, remove the stuck paper and check that no form remains within the printer.
- If your HP Officejet 5255 Printer is displaying as offline, verify that the default settings are correct.
- Navigate to the Printer settings and click on the Properties button.
- Select “Set as default” by clicking on the printer’s name.
- If the print quality begins to deteriorate, clean the printhead.
- To do so, carefully remove the printhead from its slot by opening the printer access door.
- To clean the printhead, use a clean towel dipped in lukewarm water.
A working internet connection is required for the wireless configuration of the HP Officejet 5255 All-in-One Printer. Before you begin the printer setup procedure, it is advised that you read the HP Officejet 5255 handbook.
Once the printer’s wireless capability is enabled, you must click the router’s WPS button and choose the SSID from the list of accessible wireless networks.
Finally, you must input the Wi-Fi password in the appropriate section to finish the printer’s wireless configuration. You may use the numerous troubleshooting techniques listed here to guarantee an uninterrupted printing experience.